With the support of the Managing Director and Project Managers to lead, direct and be accountable for Avrenim Developments CAD requirements with an aim to continuously improve the business in line with the overall Business Plan.
To assist in the delivery of small and relevant works projects and the day to operation of the service contact there are two areas that you will be required to focus on:
- You will provide CAD support and will be working with Project Manager, engineering staff and the client to manage and create all drafted drawings associated with projects and day to day reactive works.
- The ideal candidate will preferably have NHS experience working on refurbishment projects design and build projects, be friendly, engaging and helpful, with strong time management and co-ordination skills.
Deputise for the Project Manager when requested.
- Prepare design drawings, details, and sketches from sketches, concepts or mark-ups provided by the client, engineering or project management staff. Draw and plot drawings to scale, as required
- To create CAD drawings for asbestos surveys, fire compartmentation and for external contractors
- Prepare and create proposed schemes for the client
- To update all CAD drawings to ‘as fitted’
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day to day project functions, as needed, including researching product specifications and other support functions as needed
- Attending client meetings as and when required
- Support the Avrenim management team in promoting a culture of excellent customer service and establishing excellent working relationships with client.
- Liaise with customers to understand their requirements
- Prepare proposals for small works and variations in conjunction with the commercial and finance team
- Ensure that all health and safety legislation and company policy is adhered to, within own level of responsibility
- Undertake regular site and service inspection tours and identifying areas on non-adhered to quality standards as appropriate.
- To undertake any reasonable management request.
The successful applicant shall: –
- Be an experienced CAD technician
- Be a competent user of AutoCad or similar software
- Have site survey and measurement experience
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Have the ability to work alone and also with other disciplines.
- Communicating with members of the team and clients
- Surveying & general site co-ordination
- Build & Services co-ordination
- Production & delivery of Tender/Construction packages
- Local Authority, Building Control & General Compliance Co-ordination
Qualifications / experience
- A minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Proficient AutoCAD skills
- NHS and Residential sector experience
- Have awareness of Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations
- Extensive UK Building Regulations knowledge
- Full UK driving license