With the support of the Managing Director, to lead, direct and be accountable for Avrenim’s project requirements with an aim to deliver projects for the business in line with the overall Business Plan and pipeline.
The Project Manager will form part of a Projects team which delivers projects to a variety of clients in a variety of sectors relating to building and maintenance projects, these will include new works, refurbishments, capital and lifecycle schemes. Scheme values can be between £10k to £3 Million.
The Project Manager will control projects from award to successful completion within the constraints of budget and programme. They will be responsible for the development and management of the project team including implementation of a strategy to increase commercial performance and achieve agreed client satisfaction levels measured through key performance indicators. They will have an objective and proactive approach to interaction with the client and build a ‘customer facing’ project team capable of maintain and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders. They will ensure that all project functions are carried out in line with company policies and procedure and relevant legislation.
The role will support the Contracts Manager on any aspects of their responsibilities as and when requested.
- To be capable of taking full responsibility for the profitable control and management of multi-discipline projects.
- To be the company’s senior representative for any given project and have the authority to make decisions on behalf of the company and accept responsibility for all matters affecting the project.
- Review, develop and agree roles and responsibilities for each project team member ensuring that all persons under their control are competent to fulfil their assigned tasks.
- Represent the company with the commercial department in contract negotiations and meetings, ensuring that favourable terms and outcomes are obtained.
- Attend internal Project handover meetings and agree margin enhancement strategy and commercial strategy for the project and ensure commercial performance of the project is monitored and reported in line with business procedures.
- Manage the design process ad sign off the design for construction issue.
- Chair and arrange client / sub-contract site meetings.
- Compile and issue weekly / monthly progress reports.
- Create programme for the Works and update as the project progresses.
- Will be responsible for the overall site HESQ (Health, Environmental, Safety and Quality); the direction and control of site activities; ensure compliance with relevant internal procedures, statutory requirements, and other obligations which are relevant to individual projects.
- Ensure the correct operation of the company systems and reporting procedure to minimise risk including monthly ‘Project Performance Reviews’.
- Will ensure that all sub-contractors appointed by the company are full competent to fulfil their obligations under Health and Safety legislation prior to commencing works on site.
- To have overall responsibility for the administration, control, programming, re-programming and progress of the project.
- Ensure that labour resource is used effectively and in a way that maximises the productivity of the business, correcting unproductive activities.
- Attend Contract review meetings/6-week work plans
- Sustain a team capable of maintaining and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders. This will include the management of the continual professional development of the project team.
- Compile and submit valuations with the Commercial Manager in line with sub-contract, ensuring that these are maximised, and that timely payment is received.
- With the Commercial Manager, control the sub-contracts applications for payment and value works appropriately, providing notifications or pay less notices etc.. as required.
- Ensure that all sub-contractor’s valuations are incorporated in to Avrenim’ s valuation to the Client and those variations between Avrenim, the sub-contractor and the client are sustained and provided in line with Avrenim’s sub-contract with the client.
- Always protect Avrenim’s commercial position and liaise with the Managing Director when decisions lie outside their delegated authority limit.
- Ensure that each month a ‘Monthly Contract Report’ is produced for each project, in conjunction with Commercial Manager and Managing Director, that it includes full provision for all liabilities and issued on time.
- Ensure that Avrenim’s final account and variations are agreed progressively and that final account is agreed within one month of PC.
- Maintain monthly cash flow and monitor payments.
- Obtain Practical Completion Certificate from Main Contractor and manage the aftercare representative through the defect period.
- Attend internal Project Close Out meetings and implement any improvement measures that arise.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Health & Safety.
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Project Management experience of working within NHS environment is desirable but not essential
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Ability to manage a complex team
- Experience of working collaboratively with all Stakeholders, including supply chain.
- Financial awareness is required to achieve financial targets and manage risk opportunity.
- Ability to easily prioritise workloads, control and measure effectively, delegate and to work flexibly when required.
- Good communication skills – be able to lead by example, promote team working and integrate with teams influencing style and customer approach.
- Take full accountability for performance and development of their team.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Demonstrates complete focus and determination to achieve successful outcomes.
- Is highly motivated and has a good work ethic, is enthusiastic, tenacious and determined
- Is able to perform consistently under pressure, think quickly and adapt to different solutions
- Plans and organises resources to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently. Identifies and implements opportunities to increase sales and profit outcomes or reduce costs.
- Highly professional, visible, articulate and confident PM
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages ie. MS Project, excel etc..