Purpose: Reporting into the MD of Avrenim Developments, the role will be focused on implementing commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth, returns on investment and profit within the FM and Refurb/Fit Out Markets. Conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.) You’ll seek to minimise the cost of projects and business operations and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met. You’ll support the Head of Winning work and other business MD’s in preparing tender responses, oversee estimates and costs of the work in progress keeping track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability. You will have a degree in quantity surveying, accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Institute of Commercial Management. Responsibilities • Develop and implement estimating and cost control strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth • Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met • Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing) • Collaborate with diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.) • Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders • Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management • Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring. • Managing an assistant QS.
Owner of the QS, estimating & Commercial function for all aspects of the contracting business including; • Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client • Provide guidance, training and leadership to the QS staff & functions within the businesses • Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work • Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies • Perform risk, value management and cost control • Advise on a procurement strategy • Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks • Prepare and analyse costings for tenders • Ensure subcontractors procurement is back to back with Avrenim obligations
• Lead on contractual claims (customers & suppliers) • Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports • Value completed work and arrange payments • Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use • Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
• Work closely with members of the client PMO to develop detailed briefs and programme for the programme.
• Build & maintain links with client PMO / Requirement Managers as required.
• Responsible through the team for the commercial management of Avrenim Projects Supply Chain to ensure safe working practices, quality of work and demonstrate VFM to client.
• Responsible for ensuring that project change control process is in place and is communicated to Commercial Manager & client PMO via agreed procedures and meetings.
• Other duties as required to deliver the refurbishment/backlog programme or other capital projects.
• Attend Design Team Meetings as and when required: Chair, prepare agenda and produce minutes.
• Attend Avrenim internal meetings with own team and FM colleagues to ensure collaborative approach.
• Support business development in identifying and securing suitable project works
• Co-ordinate all activities within the contracts under their control, in order to ensure high standards of safety, quality and customer satisfaction
• Management of all commercial and contractual issues through the contract life cycle
• Management of Consistent, High Level links with senior Customer Interfaces
• Ensuring that Avrenim is visible and market leading within the area
• Positive Leadership & Contribution to the strategic direction, performance and growth of the business.
• To ensure that all project teams successfully deliver to both Avrenim and the customer in line with the agreed time, cost, quality, design and safety measures, including undertaking regular site reviews and, where necessary, acting to identify and mitigate actual and/or potential problems (e.g. losses, safety/quality issues and customer complaints)
To provide commercial and contractual input to the Avrenim board and Avrenim Developments MD to support operations and implement strategies with the objective of minimising risks, maximising opportunities and avoiding disputes.
As the Avrenim Developments lead QS/Estimator, advising and providing strategic input and commercial expertise to support their Business Area to enable the:
· Maintenance and delivery of the stated profits and margins within their area.
· Establishment of robust and consistent change control processes on the division to ensure that appropriate contract price adjustments are identified and agreed with the clients.
· Identification and calculation of appropriate risk and opportunity allowances and their active management.
· Delivery of consistent value and cost reporting, as required for Business Division control and review.
· Maintenance of cost control systems for demonstration to clients (where required).
· Be responsible for the production, costing and responses of all Variation enquiries.
· To take the responsibility in developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial activity within a Business Area, ensuring that:
· Cash Management is effective.
· An overview is maintained of Risk Management processes and procedures, including acting as liaison for internal audit activities.
· Contractual imperatives (duties, obligations, notices, standards, etc) are observed and discharged to protect Avrenim’s position and entitlements within contract and/or with respect to insurances policies.
· Appropriate periodic financial reviews are undertaken.
· To effectively support the management and production of a Business Area/ account Contract Improvement Plan.