Senior Site Supervisor
Our expanding company is seeking to appoint two Senior Site Supervisors to join our developments team.
We are looking for two experienced Senior Site Supervisors who can draw on their experience to lead the onsite construction team based within the North West. You will be working closely with the Project Manager and directing a mixed trades team.
This is an ideal role for someone who likes taking control of projects from conception to completion and can take full responsibility for the exceptional delivery of projects ranging from small installations and refurbishments to large-scale projects. The ideal candidate should be a good decision-maker who is confident in motivating, organising and communicating with on-site teams, leading them to deliver projects on time and within budget and winning further business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong communication skills with clients and colleagues, being the key customer contact including preparation and analysis of quotations, client presentations, negotiation, installation, and commissioning
- Proven track record working as Senior Site Supervisor with the ability to develop and build upon secured business through stakeholder management and maintaining client relationships
- Commercial experience, with the ability to provide leadership to site teams of direct employees and subcontract labour to deliver solutions within budget and timeframes
- Manage a project from initial design through to hand over of documentation, ensuring any issues are resolved at an early stage to ensure client satisfaction and repeat business
- Ensure appropriate materials, resources and expertise are available and deployed effectively, utilising and sharing resources across the business
- Will be responsible for the overall site HESQ (Health, Environmental, Safety and Quality); the direction and control of site activities; ensure compliance with relevant internal procedures, statutory requirements, and other obligations which are relevant to individual projects
- Ensuring effective implementation of the Safety, & quality systems and policies pertaining to which they are responsible
- Ensure a consistently high standard of work is produced per specification and quality standards through regular quality inspections with sub-contractors
- Direct and supervise day-to-day operations of sub-contractors ensuring appliance of common operational procedures
- Ensure material requisitions are issued in adequate time to achieve the Construction Programme. • Schedule, control and monitor all plant and materials on a weekly basis
- Ensure all work is completed to programme
- Fulfil the role of Temporary Works Co-Ordinator when required
- Liaise with Contracts Manager/Project Manager, Site Manager/Agent, and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and confirmation of instructions
- Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy and in compliance with the OHSAS 18001 management system
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams and neighbours as well as any other stakeholders
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to projects
- Fulfil the role of Mentor as and when required
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation and Management policy
- Maintain positive relations with clients, design teams and neighbours
- Fulfil company CPD requirements undertaking all relevant training and development activities as required
- Valid UK driving license
- Valid SMSTS card
- Relevant First Aid qualification
- Positive attitude to Health and Safety and Welfare of others
- Experience of working within NHS environment is desirable but not essential
- Experience of M&E installations desirable but not essential
Apply for this role
To apply for this role, please complete the form below, attaching your CV and appropriate covering letter.
All files must be in PDF, DOC or DOCX formats.